Jeanne Plo, M.Ed., M.A., L.C.M.H.C.
Jeanne Plo is Licensed in the State of Vermont as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor and has been in private practice in Burlintgon, Vermont since 1989. She was licensed as a Professional Educator K-12 1977.
Jeanne emphasizes creative expression as a vital component to mental health. In her practice, she recognizes both cognitive language and non verbal functioning as a means for empowering the Self.
Jeanne creates an atmosphere of playful exploration and keen observation as a means for both conscious and unconscious dimensions of the psyche to work together, expanding awareness and opportunities for healing. She uses a variety of methods, including personal narrative, sandtray, dreams, visual imagery and hypnotherapy. While making assessments of personal feelings, Jeanne helps individuals practice self-empathy and holding their own needs with compassion. She works with children, adults, and couples who may be experiencing anxiety, anger,grief, loss or despair.
In addition to mental health counseling, Jeanne is known for her work as an art educator. She has directed Creative Quest, a summer arts camp for children and adults held in Burlington, Vermont since 1995. For more information, visit www.CreativeQuestVT.org.
Jeanne is currently a teacher-in-training under the Guidance of Grandmaster Fu Wei Zhong, the 13 lineage holder of Emei Qigong which concentrates on health, healing and spiritual development. To learn more visit www.emeiQigong.us or www.EmeiQigongChan.com.
Fields Of Interest & Study
- Sandplay Therapy with Estelle Weinrib of New York City and Dora Kalff of Switzerland
- Family Systems Theory with Ann Bunting and the Vermont Center for Family Studies in Burlington
- Non Violent Communication with Marshall Rosenberg and Duke Duchscherer of the Center for Non Violent Communication
- Personality Type with Vermont Association for Psychological Type
- Expressive Arts, including photography, painting, calligraphy and brush painting
- Emei Qigong Healing Arts with Grandmaster Fu Wei Zhong of China
- Psychoanalytic Theory and Practice in Couples Therapy with Douglas Betts, M.D.
- Hypnotherapy with Maureen Turner of the Motivation Hypnosis Training Institute and the Northeastern Mountain Society for Clinical Hypnosis