Dhyano (Dianne) Pierson, M.D.
Dr. Pierson brings 30 years of clinical experience to the practice of holistic psychiatry and complimentary medicine.
Her training includes B.A. and M.D. degrees from the University of Texas, a Pediatric Internship at Vanderbilt University, and a Psychiatry Residency at the University of Vermont. She works with adults, children and families using psychotherapy, supplements, medication, hypnosis and life style counseling. She has written a handbook for parents of children with sleep problems: www.safesleepforchildren.com
What I want in my life is compassion, a flow between myself and others based on a mutual giving from the heart. Marshall B. Rosenberg PhD • Non-Violent Communication A Language of Life
Health in the holistic model of wellness is wholeness: unity of body, mind, and spirit.
- Deal with stress, insomnia, smoking, and weight loss using hypnosis and visualization
- Evaluations for medications and natural supplements
- Lifestyle counseling
- Individual psychotherapy, couples counseling, and family therapy
- Non-violent communication training and cognitive therapy
- Guidance and support for parents of children with sleep problems and loss of internal safety
- Meditation and mindfulness practice
- Values clarification for life purpose and direction
- Spiritual emergency network
Definition of Health
Health is freedom from pain in the physical body, a state of well-being; freedom from passion on the emotional plane, resulting from a dynamic state of serenity and calm; and freedom from selfishness in the mental sphere, having as a result a total unification with Truth George Vithoulkas • A New Model of Health and Disease